The National Electronics Museum in Linthicum, MD invites applications for the position of Museum Educator.
Job Description: The Museum Educator develops and executes educational and outreach programming. This includes management of quarterly programs including workshops and the summer Pioneer Camp. The Museum Educator works with educational professionals to promote state and regional STEM initiatives. The Museum Educator oversees the museum tour program, including staffing and scheduling. This position is 30 hours a week.
Requirements: Bachelors Degree, Master’s preferred, in Museum Studies, Education, or STEM related field. Minimum two years experience in museum education. Familiarity with Maryland STEM curricula. Candidate should be outgoing, have excellent communication skills, and be able to connect with people of a broad range of ages and interests.
Salary $15-$17/hour plus benefits
To apply email resume, letter of introduction, and three professional references to Mike Simons, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Electronics Museum in Linthicum, MD has openings for several Education Assistants. The Assistants will work with the Museum Educator to carry out programs for school and public audiences, onsite and offsite, including tours, hands-on demonstrations, and workshops. This is a part time position; hours vary depending on the needs of the groups scheduled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deliver museum program presentations including tours, hands-on demonstrations, and workshops
2. Help maintain Hands-on Demonstration Equipment
3. Set up, clean up, and preparation of program spaces and materials
4. Assist with special museum events
5. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Working knowledge of science and electronics
2. Ability to communicate with a range of ages and interests
3. Excellent public speaking skills
4. Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff and volunteers at all levels
5. Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a love for learning
6. Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
7. Ability to travel to local schools and event sites (not overnight travel)
8. Must pass background check
Please send resume and cover letter to Michael Simons, Director at email@example.com