The National Electronics Museum in Linthicum, MD has openings for several Education Assistants. The Assistants will work with the Museum Educator to carry out programs for school and public audiences, onsite and offsite, including tours, hands-on demonstrations, and workshops. This is a part time position; hours vary depending on the needs of the groups scheduled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deliver museum program presentations including tours, hands-on demonstrations, and workshops
2. Help maintain Hands-on Demonstration Equipment
3. Set up, clean up, and preparation of program spaces and materials
4. Assist with special museum events
5. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Working knowledge of science and electronics
2. Ability to communicate with a range of ages and interests
3. Excellent public speaking skills
4. Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff and volunteers at all levels
5. Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a love for learning
6. Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
7. Ability to travel to local schools and event sites (not overnight travel)
8. Must pass background check
Please send resume and cover letter to Michael Simons, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paid Collections Internship
The National Electronics Museum in Linthicum, MD is accepting applications for an intern for Summer 2018. The intern will work primarily in Collections with the Assistant Director and will gain experience in handling and cataloging museum object and archival collections. The intern will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of aspects of museum operations including education, volunteer management, and visitor services.
The internship pays $10.10 per hour for 10 to 12 weeks of full time work, and may be applied towards credit as your school allows. Applicants should be graduate students, recent graduates, or upper level undergraduates in Museum Studies, History, History of Science, or related fields. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and to climb ladders is required. Knowledge of museum collections standards and procedures, and of PastPerfect collections database are preferred.
Please send resume or CV, cover letter, and two recommendation letters (transcripts welcome but not required) to Alice Donahue at email@example.com. The application deadline is 27 March 2018.